Unfortunately the game is sunsetting on September 27. In light of this news we wish to extend our thanks to all contributors and readers of this wiki. This would not have been possible without each and everyone of you. We hope to find you again with what is next. The wiki will remain online until March 18 2024. Changes made in Patch 3.5.0 are unlikely to be represented on this wiki.

Abyss Alloy

From The Cycle: Frontier Wiki

Abyss Alloy is a LegendaryRarity.svgLegendary item gotten as rare side effect from using The Forge.

Abyss Alloy
Abyss Alloy.png
RarityLegendaryRarity.svg Legendary
Spawn Locations
Weight10 UI-WeightIcon.png
K-Marks12975 KMarks.png
K-Marks / Weight1297 KMarks.png
Faction Reputation130 Reputation.png
Faction Rep / Weight13 Reputation.png


A sphere of processed and activated Tharis Iron impossibly locked in place.

Gives an aura of infinite potential.

The Forge

Abyss Alloy is a rare by-product from The Forge. It has an 15% chance of being in the resulting items after using The Forge to alter a piece of gear. Using an Abyss Alloy.pngAbyss Alloy in the forge gives a random ExoticRarity.svgExotic or LegendaryRarity.svgLegendary Armor or Backpack.

There is a 95% chance of getting an ExoticRarity.svgExotic item, and a 5% chance of getting a LegendaryRarity.svgLegendary item. The gear is altered with a random set of compatible gear perks.

Forging time

Spawn location

Spawn chance per container
ContainerMax spawn chance
Safe Tier 51.5%
Hidden Stash Tier 51.5%
Alien Vent Tier 51.5%


Abyss Alloy.pngAbyss Alloy has one or multiple uses in The Cycle: Frontier. To complete all missions and quarter upgrades, this item is needed 2 times.

Uses for Abyss Alloy
Type Quantity
Personal Quarters
Aurum Generator Rate 10.5 1
Personal Quarters Level 10 1


Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.