|Ammo Type||Basic Medium Ammo|
The AR-55 Autorifle is a versatile and effective fully automatic rifle. As this weapon is sold through the Quick Shop, it doesn't have to be unlocked before being able to buy it.
The AR-55 Phase Autorifle can have 8 different Attachments installed on it, one for each slot. The type of attachment must be compatible with the weapons type, so only attachments that have Assault Rifle or Medium Ammo as a category can be installed onto an AR-55 Phase Autorifle.
A decent fully automatic rifle, doesn't excel in any one department, but comfortably versatile and lethally effective.
The AR-55 Phase Autorifle was commissioned by the IFA in an attempt to improve standard Authority armament without further increasing their reliance on Korolev Heavy Industries. While the IFA would eventually settle with the SAR-62, CoTEC's AR-55 remains a popular weapon in private armies and corporate security forces, and has succeeded at being an effective market counter to the popular KOR-47.
A contraband version of the AR-55, originally intended for use in the Demia Rebellion. More powerful than the mass produced version CoTEC would later sell to various frontier worlds.
The Mk.II variant of the AR-55 Autorifle has the following changed statistics:
- Changed rarity from Common to Uncommon
- Increased the direct damage by 1 to a total of 12Damage
- Increased penetration by 5 to a total of 15Penetration
- Increased sell value to 2438 K-Marks and 24 Reputation
The Mk.II version of the AR-55 Autorifle can only be found as loot on Fortuna III, which means it can't be crafted or bought in Prospect Station.
Weapon Comparison and Detailed Stats
For a comparison between this and other weapons, as well as an overview on its detailed stats, visit the Weapon Calculator
The AR-55 has six different variations of the sound it makes when shot:
There are an additional six variations the sound which is used when a Silencer is attached to the gun:
When the weapon is reloaded, one of four following sounds is played when the magazine is removed from the gun:
When the weapon is reloaded, one of four following sounds is played when a new magazine is inserted into the gun:
When the weapons is cocked, one of four sounds plays:
This is an incomplete list of all cosmetics for the AR-55 Autorifle in The Cycle: Frontier.
|Explorer's AR-55||Marshal AR-55|
- Rusty AR-55 damage reduced from 12 to 11.
- AR-55 damage reduced from 12 to 11.
- AR-55 Mk2 damage reduced from 13 to 12.
- Added the Mk.II variant
- Increased price from 1700 K-Marks to 2100 K-Marks
- Increased sell value from 524 K-Marks and 5 Reputation to 629 K-Marks and 6 Reputation
- Decreased equip time from 1 to 0.7 seconds
- Projectile velocities for Assault Rifles has been increased by 30%
- Damage reduced from 13 to 12
- Weight reduced from 50 to 35
- Refire time reduced from 0.13 to 0.11
- Damage increased from 12 to 13