This article serves as a short and to the point guide for new players with the most important tips and tricks that any prospector should know.
A list of useful wiki tools for new players.
- The Interactive Map helps you find the best places to search for items, Dead Drops, keycards, and more.
- The Progress Tracker helps you track which and how many items you need to collect to finish your Missions and Personal Quarters upgrades.
- There are more tools, all of which can be found here, but those are the most important ones.
A list of useful wiki articles for new players.
- Loot: quickly see if an item is worth to sell or to keep.
- Campaigns: an overview of all campaign missions, making it easy to look ahead for what is to come.
- Personal Quarters: an overview of all quarter upgrades.
- The Forge: an article dedicated to explaining the ins and outs of the Forge.
Tips and tricks
A list of simple but useful tips and tricks.
- Be Patient.
- Sprint less, keep your stamina above 50%. This will mean you play slower and be able to hear enemies more often.
- Hear a player? Stop to listen and observe.
- You can kill Striders in a single Melee strike. Sneak up to them and stab them to stay silent.
- Prioritize your Missions, you will earn a lot of K-Marks and Items that way.
- Only do Jobs you do not have to go out of your way for, otherwise they are not worth it.
- Bring a Smoke Grenade for a safer Evac.
- Hold a Melee weapon, or a Tool, Pistol, SMG, or the Bulldog to sprint without being slowed down.
- Weapons of Rare have expensive Ammo which cuts into your K-Marks quickly at the start. Only use those weapons if you can afford the ammo.