Try the Forge Simulator to try out the recipes on our site!
The Forge is an ancient machine hidden deep in the caverns of Tharis Island. Its exact origins are still unknown and shrouded in secrecy. This strange structure lies dormant, but some claim that, under the right circumstances, it may come alive once more. The Forge holds great power for those cunning and brave enough to unlock its potential.
In the deepest, darkest depths of the caverns lies a massive, outlandish machine: The Forge. Its exact origins are still unknown and shrouded in secrecy, though some factions still have a vested interest in learning more about the powers held by such ancient technology. Only the bravest of Prospectors will have a shot at uncovering its secrets, but keep in mind many who tried before have been lost forever. Or worse, clawed their way back battered and scarred. Changed. Exploring the abandoned faction camps and research facilities may hold vital evidence in unlocking the mysteries for those foolish enough to ignore the warnings left by early exploration parties.
The Forge is located deep in the caverns of Tharis Island.
Step by step
- Go to Storm Pillar on Tharis Island.
- Go down the structure by using the gaps and stairs on each level.
- Walk around the ring of the lowest floor until there is a cave entrance leading out of the floor.
- Follow the cave until a large open cave is reached, with Teratomorphic Glowing Crystals. Parkour past the side of the open cave.
- Enter the room with the pipes and red lights by crouching, then go left.
- Following the pipes until The Forge is reached.
The Forge is only active while the Storm is ongoing. The storm lasts 280 seconds ( 4min 40sec). While the storm is not active, interacting with The Forge only shows '???'. If The Forge was started just before the Storm ended, the resulting item can still be taken out of The Forge after the Storm has ended.
Using the forge
The Forge has 5 slots for items. At the moment recipes can only go up to 4 items, so the 5th slot is unused. Prospectors can put items into the forge and then click the start button. If the items do not make a valid recipe listed below, nothing will happen. If it is a valid recipe, it will start forging. It takes up to a minute for it to finish forging, depending on the recipe.
When The Forge finishes forging a piece of Altered Gear, there is a chance for one of two item to be added to the resulting items.
- 15% chance for one Abyss Alloy
- 10% chance for one Progenitor Slag
There are four separate types of forge recipes:
- Tharis Iron and Pure Tharis Iron can be forged into Tharis Iron Ingot, Charged Tharis Iron Ingot, and Super Charged Tharis Iron Ingot.
- Upgrading a piece of Armor or a Backpack to a higher rarity, using a (Super) (Charged) Tharis Iron Ingot
- The Forge can be used to alter gear, by giving them unique perks. This involves a ( Super) ( Charged) Tharis Iron Ingot, a piece of Armor or a Backpack, and one or two items specific to a recipe. This also upgrades the rarity of the piece by one level.
- An Abyss Alloy can be used to get a random Exotic or Legendary item from The Forge.
Tharis Iron can be used to create Tharis Iron Ingots. It takes 30sec for the (Pure) Tharis Iron to forge into ingots.
Ingots ( Super) ( Charged) (Tharis Iron Ingot) are created in 3s. There is a random chance that an ingot is replaced by its stronger version, which can happen to all 3 items. It will take 3 ingots to upgrade or alter a piece of gear.
|9 Tharis Iron
3 Teratomorphic Crystal Core
|3x||97%||Tharis Iron Ingot|
|3%||Charged Tharis Iron Ingot|
|9 Pure Tharis Iron
3 Teratomorphic Crystal Core
|3x||97%||Charged Tharis Iron Ingot|
|3%||Super Charged Tharis Iron Ingot|
Prospectors can Alter their gear with Progenitor tech. This gives the gear one or two gear perks. For example, extra stamina, or reduced damage from storm lightning.
This involves a piece of armor or a backpack, a ( Super) ( Charged) Tharis Iron Ingot, and an item unique to that specific recipe.
- Forging in this way uses the following items:
- One piece of armor or a backpack that is of rare, Epic, or Exotic rarity.
- Three ( Super) ( Charged) Tharis Iron Ingot. The ingots must be exactly one rarity higher than the piece of gear being upgraded.
- One or two optional recipe specific items.
- A piece of gear is able to have up to two perks.
- If an item is used in multiple recipes, the resulting perk is chosen randomly. It can be beneficial to use a rarer item that is used in less recipes, to increase the chances the resulting perk is the perk you want.
- If you want two perks that use the same recipe items, you must put the recipe items in two different slots. To do this, fill up the first slot with a full stack (usually 10 items) and put atleast the amount consumed in the other slot, as according to the rarity (see below, Recipe item rarities).
- If no recipe specific item is supplied, or not enough item supplied, it will still upgrade in rarity without perk.
- A Legendary item cannot be used in the forge.
- Upgrading an item that already has perks will remove those perks from it. If the input items include recipe specific items, it will get new perks according to those items.
- The resulting piece of gear will be of one rarity higher than the input gear, and have one or two perks, depending on if any recipe specific item was supplied.
|Rare → Epic||3 Tharis Iron Ingot||45sec|
|Epic → Exotic||3 Charged Tharis Iron Ingot||1min|
|Exotic → Legendary||3 Super Charged Tharis Iron Ingot||1min 30sec|
Recipe item rarities
Less stamina consumption has Rattler Eyes twice as the data has it twice. It is not known if this is a bug, or if it has an actual effect.
Using an Abyss Alloy in the forge gives a random Exotic or Legendary Armor or Backpack.
There is a 95% chance of getting an Exotic item, and a 5% chance of getting a Legendary item. The gear is altered with a random set of gear perks.
This is a list of missions that interact with The Forge in some way.
- This section is a stub. You can help The Cycle: Frontier Wiki by expanding it.
- Added Teratomorphic Crystal Cores to ingot recipes
- Removed Teratomorphic Crystal Cores from gear recipes
- Nerfed all forge recipes.
- Added The Forge